10 May 2019 Fiber to Home Project
The Fiber to the Home project is completed. You can sign up and get High Speed Internet today.
How do I sign up?
Simply call UTOPIA at 1-800-554-2166
Before you sign up, you will need to decide on two things:
1. Are you going pay the ‘Trenching Fee’ to your house in full ($1,500) or in payments ($26 a month at 6%)?
If you want to make payments, you will need to sign up with UTOPIA prior to June 15th. You will also need to pick up an agreement at the City Office or email the City Recorder (email@example.com
) to have an agreement emailed to you. Please note that the agreement will need to be signed and notarized and returned back to the City with your $150 payment 48 hours prior to installation.
2. Which ‘Provider’ on UTOPIA do you want?
Click the link to see Providers & Pricing. http://www.chancewilliams.com/
?fbclid=IwAR2x-lqgVFLeAUs2ZL- cuD3wUBepJQB8EK-DezkJK8_ 12FXrRKyjonqb84c
Once you have called UTOPIA:
1. UTOPIA Techs will do a ‘walk through’ to mark where the conduit will be ‘burrowed’ in from the street to the house.
2. A trenching company arrives to put in conduit. Fortunately, there is little digging since the machine they use ‘drills horizontally’ underground.
3. Once the conduit is in, UTOPIA Techs return and run a fiber cable through the conduit into your home and put in their ‘fiber modem’ equipment. Then they plug an Ethernet cable from it to your router.
Do I need a new Router?:
Not if your router can handle ‘Gigabit speeds’ and is not proprietary to your current Internet Provider.
If you need a new router, click the following link for a list of UTOPIA recommended routers. https://www.utopiafiber.com/
The City wishes to Thank resident Chance Williams for putting this information together.