28 Feb Responsible Pet Ownership
Pet Leash and License Law.
The City of Woodland Hills has adopted a leash law. Dogs are not permitted to roam free. The County Sheriff will come and pick up any pets that are left to roam. To get your pet back you will need to have a valid license for your pet. To license your pet, you will need to go to the South Utah Valley Animal Shelter located at 582 West 3000 North, Spanish Fork, UT. The shelter is open Monday and Thursdays from 11am- 7pm, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:30am-5pm and Saturdays 10 am- 2pm. The Shelter’s phone number is 801-851-4080.
1-7-109. Conditions of Animal Ownership.
Animal owners or keepers shall comply with the following conditions of animal ownership:
(1) Animals shall be restrained or confined as required by law.
(2) Animals shall be humanely treated at all times.
(3) Vaccinations, licenses, and permits shall be obtained as required by law.
(4) Animal premises shall be kept sanitary and shall not constitute a fly-breeding reservoir, a source of offensive odors or of human or animal disease.
(5) Animals and animal premises shall not be permitted to disturb the peace or constitute a public nuisance or hazard.
1-7-111. Dogs Running at Large.
(1) It is unlawful for the owner or person having charge, care, custody, or control of any dog to allow such dog at any time to run at large. The owner or person charged with responsibility for a dog found running at large shall be strictly liable for any violation(s) committed by the dog, regardless of whether or not the person knows the dog is running at large.
It is unlawful for the owner or person having charge, care, custody, or control of any cat to allow such cat to run at large on the property of another. The owner or person charged with responsibility for a cat found running at large shall be strictly liable for any violation(s) committed by the cat, regardless of whether or not the person knows the cat is running at large.